Thank you, Cynthia. I love getting your Reality Shifters News. There is always something special just waiting to be shared. Today I opened Reality Shifters Metaphysical Books, Bookshelf 1 of 5, and immersed myself in:
- Future Memory by P. M. H. Atwater (Brain shifts into higher gear with this future classic),
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Near Death Experiences by the same author. (The ultimate NDE Guide).
- The Isaiah Effect by Gregg Braden (Ancient Wisdom for Modern Times).
- Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce (The Ultimate Astral Travel Guide).
- The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron. (The book changed my life, says Cynthia).
- Duck Soup for the Soul: The Way of Living Louder and Laughing Longer by Swami Beyondananda, aka Steve Bhaerman. Hilarious, say I. Haven’t yet read the book but had stumbled into Swami Beyondananda’s web-site earlier, and still smile when I think of it.
- Shapeshifter Tarot by D. J. Conway, Simon Knight, Lisa Hunt. (A class by itself).
- The Matter Myth by Paul Davies and John Gribbin (exploring the post-mechanistic Paradigm, says Cynthia – whatever that may mean say I)
- Reinventing Medicine by Dr. Larry Dossy (see the world in a whole new way).
- Be Careful What You Pray For, You Just Might Get It … also by Dr. Larry Dossy ….(illuminating the shadow side of prayer)
- Healing Words: The Power of Prayer and the Practice of Medicine (a wealth of information on prayer based healing).
The notes in brackets are headings Cynthia has given to her book reviews, which of course make me want to get the lot! However, for today I picked only “The Artist’s Way”. Here is what Cynthia says about this book:
The book changed my life!
I adore this book! It is more than a book, actually, since it is also a class – one in which the reader can read a chapter each week, do the exercises at the end of the chapter as time permits, and contemplate the profound insights that follow.
My neighbor loaned me this book at a time when I needed to take a class in writing.
I couldn’t have done any than to start with Julia Cameron’s Jewel of a book!
As a result of reading this book, I wrote a book and several magazine articles and created a web-site devoted to my passion for learning how we shift reality.
There is indeed an art to becoming an artist and there are always ways to enhance one’s ability to give and receive inspiration.
Thank you, Julia Cameron, for so graciously sharing these priceless insights with us.
I will make an effort to get this book and perhaps tell you more about it later. To prove I’m serious I went to Amazon.com and found I can get it “used for $7.50”. There are eight pages of enthusiastic readers’ comments. The one I liked best is the shortest of them all: Christine from Ocala, FL writes:
I adore this book!
Truly it has helped me, so much, to uncover my creative side.
The “Morning Pages” have changed my life!
I heartily recommend this to anyone who has ever felt that they had a story to tell, a portrait to paint, a song to sing.
And this, my friends, is why I need to share “The Artist’s Way” even before I have read, and worked with, the book. We all have a story to tell, a portrait to paint, a song to sing.